Employer Solutions / HRMS Newsletter – September 2017
Keeping You Up-To-Date With Information About Employer Solutions / HRMS
New I-9 Form: Deadline September 18, 2017
By: Net at Work Team
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) has issued a new form I-9 for all employers. Companies may begin using the new form now, but must begin using the new form by September 18, 2017.
All collection and retention rules for existing I-9 forms remain in effect. A few changes were made to the list of acceptable documents in List C, and a few form instructions were revised. The updates are included in the USCIS Handbook for Employers which was developed to help employers correctly fill out, store, and retain I-9’s.
Updates to the new form include:
- Changes to instructions and list of acceptable documents, making it easier to navigate
- List C documents are renumbered, excluding the social security card
- Online users have access to a new Consular Report of Birth Abroad Form FS-240 drop-down menu
- E-verify users can select Form FS-240 for employees who have presented this document for eligibility verification
- All birth certificates issued by the state will be compiled into selection C#2 on List C
New form i-9 link – https://www.uscis.gov/i-9
Handbook link – https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/handbook-employers-m-274