Employer Solutions / HRMS Newsletter – May 2021
Keeping You Up-To-Date With Information About Employer Solutions / HRMS
Vaccination and the Workplace: Key Considerations and Tools to Assist
Throughout 2020, approximately 1,329 lawsuits were filed against businesses for claims related to COVID-19. About a third of those cases concerned remote and leave conflicts, issues that are likely to continue in 2021.
Moreover, with vaccines rolling out and cases decreasing, many companies are looking to return their workforces to the office, which presents more COVID-related liability challenges for HR professionals:
- When Employers Can Require COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Business Necessity May Vary in Different Industries
- Liability for Not Requiring Vaccination
- Current Guidance
- CDC COVID-19 Workplace Vaccination Program: Workplace Vaccination Program | CDC
- FAQ about COVID-19 Vaccination in the Workplace: FAQs about COVID-19 Vaccination in the Workplace: For Employers (cdc.gov)
Wondering what, if any, role your organization should play in motivating employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine? If you are thinking about developing a COVID-19 vaccination policy, attend this webinar scheduled for Wednesday, June 9 at 1:00 ET to learn about:
Live Complimentary Web Session
Vaccination Policy in the Workplace and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
Join co-hosts Steve Schwarzberg, Esq. and Alan Wink, CPA Wednesday, June 9 from 1:00 PM ET for an Employment and COVID-19 webinar on two hot and frequently asked-about topics: Vaccination Policy in the Workplace and the ARP Act changes that went into effect on April 1st.
A Q&A session will follow the presentations.
Steve will present on Vaccination Policy in the Workplace: Employment Law Considerations:
- A sound vaccination policy;
- Legal considerations and pitfalls for mandatory vaccination policies;
- How to incentivize and encourage employees;
- EEOC guidance;
- Administering a vaccination policy;
- Potential liability of the employer;
- Post-vaccination considerations;
- Digital Vaccination Passports; and more.
Alan will cover the latest American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 that was just signed into law with many changes taking place on April 1.
- First and Second Draw PPP loan forgiveness
- Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Employee Retention Credits (ERC) in 2020 and 2021
- Interplay of PPP and ERC
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant