Sage 300 ERP 2012 Version Release Highlights and Accpac 5.5 Retirement
Slowly but surely I am learning to use Accpac’s new name Sage 300 ERP. The release of the 2012 version last week makes it easier. It is exciting to see that Sage 300 is looking more and more like an entirely new product!
Before I say more about the 2012 release I would like to say that, as we all know, when the new arrives the old must go. Sage Accpac 5.5 which was released back in 2008 is being retired. Sage announced some important information to know about the upcoming Sage 300 / Accpac 5.5 Retirement :
“With the release of Sage 300 ERP 2012, a “90-120 day grace support period” will be extended for customers with an active Business Care plan that are running Version 5.5. However, Sage 300 ERP Version 5.5 Payroll tax updates will retire after the Jan 31, 2013 update.”
Now on to the NEW! Sage 300 2012 offers a lot of great new functionality. Sage 300 ERP 2012 Release Highlights include :
- The Sage 300 browser based Portal that was introduced in 6.0 has been expanded and improved with more inquiry tools on inventory, purchase orders and sales orders.
- A totally new functionality is being introduced called Sage Visual Process Flows which allow you to streamline system operation by customizing business processes to specific user roles. Very cool.
- Sage 300 users with multiple companies will enjoy the change in user licenses that allows a user to open multiple companies with just one license.
- There are many productivity enhancements throughout the Sage 300 which are based on the most popular customer requests. These include fields in Order Entry for Entered By, On Hold Reason, and Requested. Also the ability to copy orders, create PO directly from order entry and a new function to reverse GL batches.
- It is now easier to efficiently and cost effectively manage the shipping process and rate shop with an optional service that streamlines shipping and reduces costs. With the new Sage Shipping by SmartLinc.
- Inquiries and reading lists have been enhanced with an improved Finder that includes row shading. Sounds simple but really makes a difference.
- If you process credit cards you will be happy to know that you can now capture pre-authorized payments during shipment entry or invoice entry, and invoice multiple pre-authorized payments in a single batch.
- Sage Intelligence Reporting has been improved with a new, significantly improved designer add-in and wizard tools, new report templates, report distribution, and reporting tree capabilities. Speed has been dramatically improved.
- Crystal Reports 2011 is now supported, at last.
- Windows 8, Office 2013, SQL Server 2012, Pervasive 11 and Microsoft Hyper-V are now fully supported.
With this release a new product enhancement process has begun. Every quarter product updates for Sage 300 will be released with new features and functionality. Big improvements in payroll are planned for December 2012, mobile apps and other powerful tools are planned in the following months. Read here for for more details.
If you have any questions on the new Sage 300 ERP 2012 or concerns about the Sage Accpac 5.5 Retirement / Sage 300 retirement please contact us directly.
Sage 300 (Accpac) Client Account Manager US
212.997.5200 ext. 4333 | EMAIL HERE
Sage 300 (Accpac) Client Account Manager Canada & US
519.966.4866 | EMAIL HERE