Sage 300 in the Cloud – Are you Ready to Make the Move?
Many businesses today are assessing their computing needs as technologies and business applications continue to evolve towards web based services. Sage, the largest provider of small to mid-size business management systems, has identified that end-users want “freedom of choice” when selecting how to deploy their business management solutions. Traditionally and still prevalent today, business applications are implemented in an on-premise server environment. Many business owners still prefer on-premise deployment because of the perceived security of their data within the “four walls” of their office but this reason is becoming less of a concern as technologies allow for advance security features.
With the advancement of the internet and web-based application security, “The Cloud” is the term commonly used as the technology platform to provide business applications from outside of the walls of your office. The Cloud, previously known as SAAS – Software As A Service, has evolved over the past decade providing a better end-user experience while leveraging common tools such as Microsoft Office, E-mail Apps like Outlook, and social media apps (LinkedIn and Facebook). These applications are deployed in a Public Cloud environment where many users share the same software and cloud computers while your personal data is stored in separate secure databases.
A Private Cloud is a dedicated web-based environment which hosts your business application while still utilizing Public Cloud based applications described above. The benefit of the Private Cloud is exactly what business owners have traditionally wanted – the “four walls” of security. Why would you consider a Private Cloud;
- Your current IT infrastructure, including servers & desktops have come to the end of its lifecycle.
- You want control and reduce overhead costs associated to IT security, support and hardware replacement.
- You want to control the types of business applications used by your company to minimize support needs.
- You are a start-up company, with no IT infrastructure, but require IT flexibility for mission critical integrated business applications.
- You want the ability to have remote access under advanced security features, anytime and anywhere.
The Sage 300Cloud application (Sage 300 C) provides the following benefits while maintaining the end user “freedom of choice” in a Private Cloud environment.
- Current Sage 300 users can easily migrate both their applications and databases into a Private Cloud with little to no interruptions to their day to day business activities.
- New Sage 300 users can move their current business application to a Private Cloud in a true shared IT environment.
- Sage 300 users wanting device and operating system independence can migrate to Sage 300c (now Sage 300Cloud) Web Screens without losing functionality found in the traditional screens.
The advantage of Sage 300 over Public Cloud Applications is centered on the “freedom of choice” statement. In the event you decide in the future or business trends suggest to cycle back to an On-Premise environment, your investment with Sage 300 is fully protected. You have complete control and ownership of the application and data to install back into the “four walls” of your office. Business Applications in the Public Cloud do not provide you this freedom and it can be costly to migrate your data to another business application.
There are many benefits to Cloud Computing but understanding the type of Cloud solution your organization should adopt can be a daunting task. By partnering with a professional service firm that has industry experience and knowledge in ERP applications will help you in determining which Cloud is best for your company.
ERP in the Cloud – The untold story of simplicity, flexibility, and ROI
Learn how to easily assess different options for deploying ERP-on premise, on demand/SaaS, vendor-hosted, etc.-and get a rich understanding of what it means to be “in the cloud.” – Watch Now