Sales tax compliance is a challenging task and the one thing most struggle to understand is how Nexus applies specifically to them and how it varies across the country.
Watch this on-demand webinar with the experts at Peisner Johnson & Company, LLP. who will help you better understand nexus so you can truly protect your company.
You will learn what creates nexus — some factors will surprise you! — and what to do once you’ve discovered that you have it. The 60 minute session covers:
- What is nexus and how do states prove you have nexus?
- Little-known nexus-creating activities.
- How do states find you?
- What to do about state nexus questionnaires.
- What can happen if you have nexus and a state finds you? What are your options if caught?
- Can you limit back taxes, penalties, and interest upon registration?
- Situations in which you shouldn’t get registered.
- Five of the costliest mistakes companies make.
Peisner Johnson & Company, LLP.
Mike is a Director with Peisner Johnson & Company (PJCo). Peisner Johnson, founded in 1992, is a CPA firm that is focused entirely on solving state and local tax issues. PJCo has experience with clients of all sizes, in all industries and currently works in all 50 states, U.S. territories and Canadian Provinces. Mike is originally from New York; where he majored in finance at Hofstra University and put his education to good use when he started his career on Wall Street with Bear Stearns in 1986. Bear Stearns moved Mike to Dallas in 1989, where he has lived since then.