Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips for Accounting Firms
Many accounting (CPA) firms usually overlook advantages of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for their website. There are number of potential clients searching for professional accountants and CPA’s online. SEO can help to attract more prospective clients to your firm or generate many leads that every accounting firm is looking for.
In addition to traditional marketing activities like email-marketing, paid advertising, or any other source of generating leads; SEO is one of the most essential sources of web traffic and hot leads to an accounting firm.
SEO efforts for accounting firms are different compared with other websites or businesses. Unlike an e-commerce website, an accounting firm doesn’t have to target international or even national customers. Accounting firms usually offers service to a specific region, which slightly eliminates risk of competing with global websites.
Here is an outline of how to optimize SEO for an accounting firm to obtain more leads and potential clients through search engines:
- Complete SEO analysis for your current website and fix any issues
- Implement in-depth on-page SEO (keywords, meta tags, content optimization, media optimization etc.) throughout website
- Create business listings to major local business listing websites, such as Google Local, Yahoo Local, Bing Local for business
- Submit website to local and niche specific web directories
- Setup & optimize professional social network accounts such as LinkedIn, Google+ etc.
If you would like assistance with these steps or other ways of optimizing SEO for your Accounting firm’s website contact me here.