Some Helpful Hints For Sage MAS90/200 ERP
Here we’ll share three MAS 90/200 hints.
1) Changing Mailing Label Formats.
2) Improving Performance In Sage MAS Intelligence
3) Customizer Changes Do Not Appear To Take Effect.
(Hint 1) Changing Mailing Label Formats
The default graphical mailing labels in Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 are designed to print one, two, or three labels across and 10 labels down. Here we give you several options if you need to print using a different label layout, such as 2 across and 3 down. Before you start, make sure you know the exact size of your labels.
Option 1 – Crystal Reports:
- In Crystal Reports, in the form design screen for mailing labels, right click on any of the Details sections.
- Select the Format Section option and highlight the Details section.
- Click on the Layout tab and change the height and width to the appropriate size. Notice at the bottom of the Layout Tab, the Number of Details has changed.
Option 2 – The Report Expert:
The Report Expert found on the Report menu also can be used to modify forms to a standard Avery size; however, it tends to reformat the form quite a bit. Be sure to make a copy and work with the copy of the label form if you select this option.
Option 3 – Custom Report:
Create a Custom Report from scratch. Choose Mail Label from the Report Gallery in Crystal Reports. A wizard will step you through the creation of a label type report. You can then add the labels to the Custom Reports menu using Report Manager.
Adjusting Margins For Labels
The default three across labels normally fit on Avery 5160 label stock, but on certain printers you may need to adjust the margins slightly. This is done from the File menu by selecting Page Setup. Changing one margin to 0.18î will usually correct the problem.
(Hint 2) Improving Performance In Sage MAS Intelligence
Sage MAS Intelligence is the new reporting and analysis software that replaces Microsoft FRx. If you have large amounts of data, compacting the metadata can improve the performance of the system as it removes unnecessary connections and unneeded background files. To compact metadata:
- Open Sage MAS Intelligence Report Manager.
- Select File/Compact Metadata.
- Select Yes to the question: To compact your Metadata Alchemex must shut down. Do you wish to continue?
- In the Maintenance Utility window select the Compact SVD button.
- Select Yes at the prompt: This will attempt to compact your server Metadata file. Please make sure that there are no users logged on to the system before continuing. If you want to proceed press Yes, or else press No to abort.
- Once the process has completed Copying, Deleting, and Compacting you will receive a prompt: Completed Successfully. Select OK.
A backup copy file named alchemex_backup.svd will be created during this compact process. Once you have verified that the system is working correctly after the compact then you can delete it, or keep it as an additional backup.
Learn more about Sage ERP MAS Intelligence
(Hint 3) Customizer Changes Do Not Appear To Take Effect
If you have made changes to Sage ERP MAS 90 windows through Customizer, but the changes do not appear to take effect, they may have been overridden by Personalizations the individual user has made to the screen. For example, the user moved the Comment field to the lower grid on the Lines tab for Sales Order Invoice Data Entry. To have the customizations show up, you can reset the default window settings as follows:
- Open the window that displays incorrectly and right-click anywhere within the window.
- From the context menu, point to Form Settings, and click Reset Form.
- Select one of the following check boxes and click OK.
* Reset All Grids (windows with data entry grids).
* Reset Window Size and Position (all other windows).
- Close and reopen the window. The window should reset to the default settings, and the Customizer changes should now display.
Note: This hint applies to modules upgraded to the Business Framework in level 4.0 and higher.