Sage 300 Payroll Tax Updates for Q4 2015
Getting a jump on Payroll 7.2 / Use it now
We are pleased to announce that on October 1, 2015, Sage has made the payroll tax update and Payroll version 7.2 software for our Sage 300 version 2012 and version 2014 customers available. Key facts to keep in mind for customers on Sage 300 Payroll:
- Customers must migrate to Payroll 7.2 by December 31, 2015. Please start the migration process as early as possible to accommodate year-end and the upcoming holiday season.
- Sage is discontinuing support for Payroll versions 6.0, 7.0, and 7.1. Customers on these versions will no longer get tax table updates. (Note versions prior to 6.0 are not currently supported for payroll tax updates by Sage).
- Customers on version 6.0 must upgrade their entire system by December 31, 2015.
- Customers on versions 7.0 and 7.1 will need to upgrade to Payroll 7.2 by December 31, 2015.
- Customers upgrading to version 2016 in late October will have Payroll 7.2 included in that upgrade.
- The activation of 7.2 Payroll does not require you to populate an activation code or expiration date for the customer, and the 30-day free trial can be used to get a customers started. When Payroll 7.2 is launched later in October with 2016 Sage 300, Sage will provide customers with an expiration dates prior to the end of the 30 day installation.
- 7.2 Payroll is required for ACA reporting and filing the 1094/1095 and 1095 C forms in 2015
- 7.2 Payroll comes with Workforce Analyzer (free module) for ACA reporting needs.
Contact us now for your estimate to upgrade your current payroll to 7.2 and get started to file your ACA requirements in a timely manner.
Update taxes now /Install 7.2 Payroll by Year End
Important updates to tax calculations are required for some states and localities that may affect your business. Sage has incorporated these changes into the Sage 300 ERP September 30, 2015 payroll tax update. Net at Work highly recommends installing this update, as it may be required before installing future payroll update versions.
The following versions are now available:
- U.S. Payroll Customers: Version 6.0V, Version 7.0Q (20120, Version 7.1G (2014) In order to download the updates, you must have a current Payroll Update Plan (PUP), be a Priority Software Support (PSS) subscriber, or Sage Business Care Gold plan subscriber as of the tax table effective date. PUPs are only available via download.
- This update should be installed prior to running your first payroll for October 2015.
- Additional information is attached about this payroll tax update. Please be sure that you are installing the proper version and that you backup your systems prior to attempting the installation. Additionally, you will need to be sure and activate the tax table in each database that you utilize payroll.
- If one of these updates is installed, your company will still need to upgrade to 7.2 prior to 12/31/2015 for tax and ACA filing requirements for year end.
Net at Work consultants will be happy to provide assistance with the installation, please contact us at email@example.com or call (888) 494-9479.