Weathering the Storm: Best Practices to Protect Your Data from Natural Disasters
In severe weather situations, your safety is the #1 concern. But it’s not too late to prepare your business’ infrastructure to weather the storm. With this in mind, we wanted to share some valuable resources offering tips to stay safe, and protect your IT infrastructure.
Check your continuity savvy with this Business Continuity Awareness Kit, offering the latest tips IT managers need to protect their infrastructure and ensure all-the-time access to corporate files, folders, and apps.
- Best Practices in Disaster Recovery Planning
- The Importance of DR Planning and Testing
- The IT Manager’s Essential Guide to Business Continuity
- Building a Case for Business Continuity
Developed by the American Red Cross and our partner Axcient you will learn key steps to help keep your employees safe and business running through any disaster scenario.
The session covers the 3 critical things you must ask about your backup. It is a great starting point if you are considering re-evaluating your disaster recovery and business continuity plans. You will learn how you can:
- Recover your data quickly from any data loss or server outage either on-premises or in the cloud
- Protect your data assets in the event of loss or corruption
- Restore your lost files, folders, or even restore an entire MS Exchange in minutes, not days or weeks
- Ensure business continuity every day
- Automatically preserve a copy of everything offsite on a continuous basis
If you take no other steps, review this list which covers simple steps related to your IT and computer systems in preparing for any possible downtime. Note the three highlighted actions are to:
- Have your on-premise devices monitored
- Consider a cloud option as a backup
- Have a business continuity plan in place in the event of a prolonged power outage
Please contact us with any questions or concerns about your business continuity and disaster recovery plan. Most importantly, wherever you are – be safe!