MAS 90/200 Year-End Processing Tips
Here are a couple of Tips To Help Year-End Processing Run Smoothly. We’ll talk about determining if your installed Tax Table Update (TTU) is current and Filing Forms and Reports.
Tip 1) Determine If Your Installed Tax Table Update (TTU) Is Current
Because government agencies may make changes to tax rates at the last minute, Sage may release several TTUs in late 2010 and in early 2011. Here is how you can check if you have the latest TTU installed:
First check the year, quarter, and release date of the latest TTU available on Sage Software Online as follows:
- Log on to Sage Software Online, and access the Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 support page.
- In the Download area, click the Tax Table Update link.
- Click the Download the TTU link for the desired tax table. Note the date, quarter, and year, which are displayed near the top of the download page.
- The quarter and year also are included as part of the download file name (for example: 2010Q1TTU.exe)
Next, check the TTU version on your installed software as follows:
- Expand Library Master and Reports. Double-click Installed Module Listing.
- Click the Preview button to display the report, and note the year and quarter for the tax table displayed in the Modules/Enhancement column (for example: 2010-Q4 Tax Tables). Also compare the date listed in the Release Date column (for example 11/12/2010).
This tip applies to Version 4.0 and later. Give us a call for assistance.
Tip 2) Filing Forms And Reports
Federal and State eFiling and Reporting was introduced in Sage ERP MAS90 and 200 Version 4.3 to streamline your tax reporting processes. Over 230 federal and state forms are included, such as: Unemployment, Withholding, New Hire reports, Form W-2, and Form W-3. You are able to automatically eFile W-2 and 1099 forms to the appropriate state and federal agencies, print and mail the forms to your employees, or choose to use the fee-based eFiling service.
When you use the electronic forms within Sage ERP MAS90 or 200, they will look very familiar, as they replicate the pre-printed government forms. However, the on-screen form will have much of the information already populated in the appropriate fields. Simply select the form from within Sage ERP MAS90 or 200, view and edit the information on your screen, and then the form is ready to print.
You can avoid the hassle of aligning pre-printed forms by using blank, perforated W-2 and 1099 forms. You also can go green by using Sage eFiling Service, offered on a transaction-fee basis. The flexible service allows you to choose which documents you want to eFile. Hard copies will automatically be sent to you and your employees as appropriate. You also can provide employees with access to their copy on a secure website. Forms are kept up-to-date automatically, so you never have to worry about having the current form or report. All forms are saved in a history file for easy retrieval.
The fees for the W-2 and 1099 form eFiling service range from $.49 to $1.49 per employee, depending on how much of the service you want to use. Volume pricing is available for those with large numbers of W-2 or 1099 forms to file. A $24.95 minimum applies to all Form W-2 filings. Please give us a call for assistance with eFiling.