Microsoft Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
At Microsoft Tech Ed 2011 Microsoft announced the upcoming release of Service Pack 1 for Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010.
The release is expected by July 1. Initially it will be available for download at Microsoft sites and then via automatic update 90 days after release. Service Pack 1 contains some major changes which include:
- Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
- The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
- Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
- Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
- Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
- The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
- Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
- Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
- Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
- Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
- Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
- Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
- Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)
- Office client There are many suites using “Add Remove Programs” Control Panel,
For additional changes in SP1 visit here.