Sage 100 Year End Tips and FAQ
In light of 2023 coming around the corner, we wanted to share with you some Sage 100 Year-End tips and FAQ.
3 Key Tips for Year-End Closing
- Always, Always Backup your Data
- Follow the Module Closing Order
- Follow the Module Closing Checklists
Sage 100 Year-End FAQs
1. After year end processing, can I delete accounts that will no longer be used in the new fiscal year?
Remember that Sage 100 retains history based on the number of years you indicate should be retained in General Ledger Options
2. Can I open a closed fiscal year to make General Ledger postings / adjustments?
YES – a fiscal period / year can be reopened but needs to be closed again after the transaction has been entered & updated
3. Do I need to install any Updates?
This depends on the version you are on and what you need to do (see remaining FAQ’s)
4. Do I need to Upgrade Payroll?
You should be on Payroll version 2.23.0 to:
- Update Aatrix Tax Types
- Update Aatrix Payroll Version
- Update Payroll System Tax Table files for 2023
5. I have received information pertaining to Sage’s IRD. What is the IRD and why do I need to install it?
IRD stands for Interim Release Download and is an annual update that is used for Payroll and Accounts Payable so that W2s and 1099s can be generated properly
6. What versions are compatible for the IRD to be installed?
For the IRD to be installed, you need to be on one of the following versions with the associated product updates:
- Version 2020 with product update 5 or 6
- Version 2021 with product update 3 or higher
- Version 2022 (all product updates are applicable)
7. What can I do if I am not on a supported version?
Sage only provides the IRD for supported versions. If you are on an unsupported version Net at Work can assist extracting the data where you can either provide the data to your accountant, or upload the data to a vendor who can assist with eFiling purposes
8. What if I am on a supported version but not on a compatible product update?
Contact your account manager so that Net at Work can assist with installing a product update
9. How can Net at Work assist me with year-end tasks?
Net at Work can assist with:
- Upgrading payroll to version 2.23.0
- Installing applicable product updates for supported versions
- Installing the IRD
- Assist with generating W2’s
- Assist with generating 1099’s
- Extracting Data to provide to an eFiling vendor
- Provide options for unsupported versions
Year-End Reminder: The Importance of Being on a Sage Supported Version of Sage 100
To ensure proper functioning of your Sage 100 system and to access all key updates and patches, we recommend that you always remain on a supported version of Sage 100. If you are currently on an unsupported version, we strongly encourage you to request your Sage 100 upgrade here, or contact your Net at Work Account Manager to discuss upgrade options. We are currently booking upgrades into 2023 and working our best to accommodate your schedules.
Sage 100 Year-End Virtual Training – New Courses Added!
More Information/Register Here
Sage 100 Payroll Year-End Processing – Friday, 1/13/23 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Sage 100 W2 & 1099 Processing – Wednesday, 1/11/23 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Sage 100 Year-End Processing – Wednesday, 1/18/23 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST