Sage 100 Version 2019 Debut- At a Glance
The new version of Sage 100 (formerly known as MAS90) slated for release in April does not disappoint. From new Paperless Office bells and whistles to a complete overhaul of the Work Order module, there is something for every user to take advantage of. In this post we have compiled an “unofficial” listing of some of the major new features in Sage 100 version 2019. The official listing will be included with the actual software release.
AUTO-COMPLETE FOR ACCOUNT NUMBERS
The auto-complete feature has been added for general ledger account number fields. Search for an account by entering any of the following in an account number field:
• Account number • Main account • Account description • Account group
PRINT STATUS UPDATED WHEN USING KEEP OPEN CHECK BOXES
When you print a document while the Keep Window Open After Print or Keep Window Open After Preview check box is selected, the document’s print status will reflect that the document has been printed.
Some message windows now have a More Info link. When you’re opening a task and a message appears indicating that a file is locked, you can click More Info to see who has the file locked and in which task.
COPY FEATURE FOR CUSTOM LOOKUP VIEWS
A Copy button has been added to the User Lookup Wizard. You can now copy a custom lookup for other companies and users. Also, selecting companies and users is now easier–check boxes have been added to the company and user list.
CHANGES TO VARIOUS MODULE SETUPS/FEATURES
- A new message editor has been added to Electronic Delivery Message Maintenance. You can:
-Change the text color, font, and size, use bold or italic text, create bulleted and numbered lists, and insert links and images
- The message field holds 8192 characters, increased from 4096
- Three new merge fields have been added in Electronic Delivery Message Maintenance:
-Customer PO No., InvoiceDueDate, and ShipDate.
- You can now specify whether the e-mail addresses used when e-mailing documents are added to the To, Cc, or Bcc field when e-mails are sent.
- In the Electronic Delivery for Forms window, you can now select additional attachments to include when emailing forms. You can select multiple attachments, and there is no restriction on the file type.
- A Paperless button has been added in Salesperson Maintenance. Click this button to open the Electronic Delivery Options window and specify whether the salesperson will receive a copy of orders, invoices, and statements when they are e-mailed to customers.
CONSOLIDATE JOURNAL ENTRIES IN GENERAL JOURNAL PDF
When printing the General Journal and selecting PDF output, you can now consolidate all General Journal entries into one PDF. A module option, Print Multiple PDFs for General Journal, has been added in Role Maintenance. Clear the check box for this option to consolidate the entries.
ACCOUNT APPEARS ON ALL PAGES OF DETAIL REPORTS
The account number and description are now printed on each page of the General Ledger Detail Report and General Ledger Detail by Source Report.
ENCRYPTED BANK INFORMATION
Bank descriptions and account numbers are now encrypted. Bank descriptions are still visible in windows and on reports and forms. A new role task is available for end-user controls.
CHANGES TO PHYSICAL COUNT
An Include Inactive Items check box has been added to the Physical Count Worksheet task window. If selected, inactive items are printed on the worksheet and included in Physical Count Entry and on the Variance Register.
An Only Print Variances on Register check box has been added to the Physical Count Variance Register task window. If selected, all items for which there is no variance are omitted from the register.An Item Quantity Inquiry button has been added to the Lines tab in Physical Count Entry. Click this button to view quantity information for the selected item.
MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS PLANNING
This functionality will enable users to do the following:
Forecast future requirements
Include demand from Make-to-Stock, Make-to-Order, Sales Order
Replenish from Inventory, Make-to-Stock, Purchase Order
Manually enter projected demand
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT (FORMERLY WORK ORDER)
CHANGES TO MODULE (OVERVIEW)
Now on Framework (compatible with MS SQL Server)
Flexible user licensing (Standard User vs Shop Floor User)
Feature parity with Work Order and MRP
Extended field lengths for work order numbers and steps
Work order templates with revisions
Extended text fields for work orders
Simplified screens for data review
One-click purchase order for outside processing
Import materials from bill of materials or flat file
Make to Order (Formerly Sage 100Cloud Manufacturing)
- Support for make to order job types
- Automatically issue finished goods to inventory, sales orders, or other work orders
- Automatically calculate overtime earnings per employee
Enhanced Scheduling (Requires Make to Order extension)
- Material availability reporting aids in on-time deliveries
- Management by exception capabilities
- Drag and drop scheduling board and tools
Product Configurator (Requires Make to Order extension)
- Configuration Templates help save time and improve efficiency
- Rules based on configuration and price calculations
- Visual validation
Once the 2019 version of Sage 100 has been released a link to the full new features listing will be provided. Until then, consider the value of the above listings and what impact they can have on your organization. It gets even better, going forward!