Sage 300 ERP Version 2012
The release of Sage 300 ERP 2012 is scheduled for this fall. With this release, the Inquiry capabilities within the Sage 300 ERP Portal have been expanded. New features and enhancements simplify transaction processing and make it easier than ever to look up information and create reports from information in your Sage 300 ERP system. Here we cover the new features of the Sage 300 ERP Portal and the new usability features added globally and to the following modules: Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Inventory Control, Order Entry, and Return Materials Authorization.
Sage 300 ERP Portal Enhancements
New Data Sources And Queries
With Sage 300 ERP Version 2012, the Inquiry capabilities within the Sage 300 ERP Portal are expanded to include Order Entry (O/E), Inventory Control (I/C), and Purchase Orders(P/O).
A new Transactions data source and two new query templates for each module enable you to quickly and easily retrieve information from your company database to create and save reports that meet your specific needs.
For Order Entry, you will be able to look up and report on:
- Sales by customer, date, or territory.
- Cycle time for customer orders.
- Average sales in a specific date range.
- Order Entry invoices posted to Accounts Receivable in a specific date range.
The I/C Transactions data source provides the ability to look up and report on inventory items, quantities, costs, and transaction history.
The P/O Transactions data source allows you to look up and report on purchase orders and purchase order transaction history.
New Security Authorizations
Access to the new Transactions data sources is controlled by new Sage 300 ERP Inquiry security authorizations. You must have the security authorization access to query Inventory Control, Order Entry, and Purchase Order data in the Sage 300 ERP Portal. When you also have Export Processing authorization for these modules, you can print or export the results of your queries.
Multiple Browser Support
The Sage 300 ERP Portal now supports current versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
Global User Interface Enhancement
Sage 300 ERP 2012 tables now feature alternate row shading or color banding to help you quickly scan table rows for information.
Accounts Receivable receives the following usability enhancements:
- The ability to view and edit the Deposit Date on the Receipt Entry screen.
- The ability to print O/E Invoices directly From the A/R Document Inquiry Screen, with the click of a button.
- In Payment Processing a new Same As Customer Address option has been added to the A/R Credit Card Information screen. You can select this option when adding a credit card to automatically fill in billing details with address information from the customer record.
A new batch reversal feature makes it easy to reverse either an entire batch, or an individual entry within a batch. In addition, for greater usability you can exclude inactive accounts when printing the Chart of Accounts.
Inventory Control receives the following usability enhancements:
- A new Include Inactive Items option on the Inventory Worksheet screen and the Inventory Reconciliation screen enables you to specify whether or not to include inactive items on reports generated from those screens.
- When computing inventory adjustments for the Generate Inventory Worksheet form, an alternate method for generating physical inventory adjustments for standard cost items has been added.
Order Entry receives the following usability enhancements:
- In Payment Processing, a new Capture Payments screen is available in O/E Transactions. You can use it to capture and invoice pre-authorized credit card payments for multiple Order Entry documents in a single batch.
- A new Copy Current Order option is found on the File menu. This option allows you to copy an order directly from the Order Entry screen.
- Now you can enter comments and instructions in Order Entry screens without having to press the Insert key to add another line. This enables you to copy and paste long blocks of text from other documents.
- A new field added beside the On Hold option allows you to enter a note about why you are placing an order on hold.
- A new Entered By Field on transaction entry screens (Order Entry, Shipment Entry, Invoice Entry, and Credit/Debit Note Entry) indicates who entered the transaction.
- A new Deliver By field allows you to enter a date to indicate when your customer would like the order delivered.
- With a new Create PO button on the Order Entry screen you can create a purchase order based on an order in Order Entry.
- The Ship Via and Tracking No. tracking fields are more conveniently located on the Order tab instead of the Customer tab.
Return Material Authorization
Return Material Authorization receives the following usability enhancements:
- With Sage 300 ERP Version 2012 you can create Credit Note details for all three return types supported by Order Entry: Items Returned to Inventory, Damaged Items, and Price Adjustment.
- New Options on the Zoom/Integration tab of RMA entry allow you to directly print the related Credit Note, Order Confirmation, and Vendor Returns, and streamline the return process.
- A new Check Customer Claim No. option will inform you when a duplicate number for an RMA document is entered.
- A new Restocking Fee Percentage field on the Customer tab of the RMA Entry screen is automatically populated with default values from the chosen template if automatic restocking has been enabled on the template.
- The ability to automatically copy RMA Header Comments to O/E Credit Notes and Invoices when the proper conditions exist.
Many other features are added in this release that we didn’t have room for in this story including: Payment Processing enhancements, updates to Sage Advisor, new capabilities for Sage 300 ERP Intelligence, and new integration features with Sage CRM. Look for more information on these features in an upcoming newsletter.
Please give us a call with your questions about Sage 300 ERP Version 2012.