Sage X3 & TLS Support for Avalara/Sage Sales TaxAvalara will only support TLS 1.2 starting in February 2023
Avalara and Sage have been sending communications recently about the upcoming deprecation of Avalara support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1. Avalara will only support TLS 1.2 starting in February 2023.
In this post, we will review this issue to ensure that all our Sage X3 clients are up to date on the regular updates that Sage and Sage-connected solutions provide. As always, the Net at Work recommendation is that all our clients remain on fully supported versions of Sage X3. There are enough of our clients that are on non-supported versions that we felt this information is necessary to ensure you know your options depending on your risk tolerance.
If you are on the following patch versions of Sage X3, you are under support from Sage Software and already using TLS 1.2 so no action is necessary and no need to read further.
- Version 12 patch 28 (aka 2021 R4) and higher
- Version 11 patch 22 (v11.00.22) and higher
If you are on an earlier version, please read on.
Avalara will provide a sandbox environment that communicates with TLS 1.2 only for all clients.
All Sage X3 clients using Avalara need to be aware of this change. We have included below a short list of steps to take. You are welcome to do these steps internally. You can also reach out to our Net at Work Team, and we will be happy to assist you through the steps to ensure you are all set for this change. If you would like assistance, please enter a ticket by emailing our HelpDesk.
You need to complete the following steps:
- The first step is to setup a sandbox account.
- From conversation with Avalara, this is something you will need to initiate.
- Here is a link with steps to request your Sandbox from Avalara.
- Feel free to contact your Net at Work Account Manager to assist with this step.
Testing against Sandbox:
- Once you have made the request, Avalara will provide you with an Account ID, License Key and URL for the Sandbox.
- These should be updated in your TEST or PILOT folder. Please do not update your Production folder with it.
- Once that is done, please complete a Sales Invoice or Sales Order transaction with sales tax calculation. If you can complete the transaction without error on your TEST/PILOT folder, it means that your solution is compatible with the new Avalara web service TLS requirements. Please send us confirmation that you have successfully completed your testing.
- If you need assistance, please enter a ticket by emailing our HelpDesk so we can schedule our consultant to provide you with support.
If you receive a communication error when doing the test, what is next:
- Please enter a ticket by emailing our HelpDesk so we can help you with options. Sage is not expected to issue a hotfix for older versions at this point. We would then discuss a Sage X3 upgrade project (or patch upgrade project for v12) to complete before February 2023.
- Sage indicated the versions supported and already using Avalara TLS 1.2 are:
- Version 12 patch 28 (aka 2021 R4)
- Version 11 patch 22 (v11.00.22)
- On independent tests run by other teams, some version 12 and 11 of lower patches have passed the TLS 1.2 compliance test. In other words, even out of Sage compliance, there should not be an issue – depending on your tolerance for risk and the importance of Avalara to your business, you could decide to do nothing. If you do encounter an issue on the deprecation date, we will do our best to assist but the worst case scenario will be a loss of Avalara functionality pending an upgrade.
Reference Articles :
For more information, please contact us.