SQL Server Version Of Sage ERP MAS 200 Available For Upgrade
With the release of Sage ERP MAS 200 Version 4.5, clients have the option to migrate their software to a Microsoft SQL Server database, with all the security and performance characteristics of this platform. In this post we review the benefits of SQL Server and current available modules.
Benefits Of SQL Server
Here we discuss four important benefits of SQL Server: performance, availability, security, and low cost of maintenance.
- Performance: SQL Server offers exceptional scalability as you add users and transactions. You also can add indexes to improve performance as needed.
- Availability: SQL Server includes innovative high-availability features such as database mirroring and replication, to minimize downtime and help to ensure that critical systems remain available.
- Security: Administrators can easily manage permissions. You can set consistent login policies across all accounts in the domain. SQL Server includes encryption capabilities within the database itself.
- Low Cost Maintenance: A single management console enables data administrators to monitor, manage, and tune databases and associated services from anywhere in your organization.
Same Code Base
All modules in the new Business Framework have software code that can be used for both the SQL and Providex databases, so customers can be assured that the SQL version will move forward into new versions at the same pace as the Providex version. With Version 4.5, data conversion and migration is available from both Sage ERP MAS 200 SQL Version 3.71 as well as current versions of Sage ERP MAS 90 and 200 on the Providex platform.
Licenses Available From Sage
Sage SQL Runtime Edition licenses and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition licenses are available from Sage in two licensing models: per user or per processor. Licenses are limited for use with Sage ERP and integrated third-party or development partner solutions.
Modules available for SQL Server do not include modules that have not yet been updated to the Business Framework, so if you are considering SQL Server, we will need to carefully evaluate the modules in use in your organization. The modules and Sage solutions that are available for Sage ERP MAS 200 SQL 4.5 are:
- Core accounting: GL, AR, AP, and BR
- Distribution: IM, SO, PO, RMA, BC, BM, and CCP
- Business intelligence and reporting: Business Insights Dashboard, Business Insights Explorer, Sage ERP MAS Intelligence, and Crystal Reports Designer
- Productivity and customization: Custom Office, Paperless Office,Visual Integrator, KnowledgeSync
- Integrated Sage solutions: Abra Payroll and HR, SageCRM, Sage FAS Asset Accounting
- Web services: CompuPay, eBusiness Web Services, Federal and State eFiling and Reporting, Sales Tax powered by AvaTax
Give us a call with your questions, or to discuss the benefits of the SQL version for you.