Growing a Business from Startup to Finish
SmartCEO gathered alumni of its Future 50 program, which honors up-and-coming, fast-growth companies, to look back on past challenges and share future plans. As a Future 50 alum, our co-founder, Edward Solomon was one of the Roundtable panelists.
The roundtable discussion ‘Managing Growth’ was published in the September/October 2015 issues on New York SmartCEO, as well SmartCEO has posted a transcript reflecting the highlights of the discussion, and the full audio file for your listening pleasure.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Think back to your origins and talk to us about what the landscape was in your marketplace, and how you’ve seen it evolve over time.
- At some point, most businesses find what differentiates them — their brand and brand promise. What was that difference maker in your business — how did you find it and how did you translate it into your brand?
- What were some of the key indicators that your businesses were ready to start ramping up and scaling?
- As a founder, it can be a challenge to let go of ownership, but when you do, you open yourself up to a lot more. How do you find yourselves keeping up with that necessary growth? What challenges have you faced in terms of that?
- What are some of the things for your own business you’re looking to capitalize on in the future?
- What one piece of advice would you give to a CEO of a company who is really working with this growth and scalability issue right now?