Sage 300 Newsletter – May 2016
Keeping You Up-To-Date With Information About Sage 300
Monitoring Your Sage 300 Data: Sage Alerts & Workflow Version 9.0 Has Been Released
Sage Alerts & Workflow has long been known for its ability to act as your ‘invisible assistant’, monitoring Sage 300 and Sage CRM databases for changes and sending out alerts. Now, with the release of version 9.0, Alerts & Workflow is adding the ability to “Close the loop” on Alerts with the addition of “Alert Acknowledgements.”
It’s nice to know when an alert has been sent.
It’s helpful to know when an alert has reached its intended recipient.
However . . .
Until a recipient physically acknowledges the receipt and review of the alert – and confirms whether they’ll be able to take the required action to address it, the loop is not closed.
That is what Alert Acknowledgements is all about; the ability for Alert recipients to respond to an alert request. The six supported “types” of acknowledgements are:
- Acknowledge — the recipient has received and acknowledged the alert
- Acknowledge Plus Response — the recipient acknowledges the alert and details what action will be taken
- Acknowledge Yes/No — the recipient acknowledges the alert and answers ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to a question within the alert
- Acknowledge Yes/No Plus Response — the recipient acknowledges the alert, answers ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to a question within it, and adds their own comments
- Acknowledge Yes/No/Cancel — the recipient acknowledges the alert and answers ‘yes’, ‘no’ or ‘cancel’ to a question within the alert
- Acknowledge Yes/No/Cancel Plus Response — the recipient acknowledges the alert, answers ‘yes’, ‘no’ or ‘cancel’ to a question within it, and adds their own comments)
For the Alert sending a Customer a notice: “Payment is overdue. When can you pay?” Alert Acknowledgements could be invaluable.
Watch a Recorded Webcast of Sage Alerts & Workflow for Sage 300
Contact your Account Manager or your Net at Work Alert specialist to see how this might be just the tool your business needs.